Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cornhole


I learned a new game this weekend that is apparently an Ohio tradition and it's called cornhole My boyfriend doesn't believe that it exists, but here is the proof. It's actually a pretty fun game especially when you get one in the hole. (I can't write that without feeling a little dirty.) On that same day I also played in a multi-age kickball game with an oversize ball AND went bowling in my neighborhood at a totally classic bowling alley where you still have to score yourself on paper and you can watch the ball come back to you on the ramp. I'm not a stellar bowler by any means, and in general, I don't really excel at sports, but whenever I do have a sporty day, I'm reminded of how fun it is to get outside and run around and be competitive. It's good for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have played Corn Hole. It is not exclusively the providence of Ohio gamers. It is, however, generally the providence of frats and sporty tailgater types.
I once went to a Theatre School event and was tickled to discover that the guys in the shop built a corn hole game that has The Theatre School logo painted on. It was even more fun to discover that the costume shop made the bean bags for it.
And yes, there is nothing quite like getting it in the hole. (In the the most not sexual way I can make that sound.)