Friday, October 31, 2008

I voted early in Ohio YEEEAH!


This picture is taken from a 1912 Suffrage March in New York City. Sometimes it's important to take a moment to stop and appreciate the right to vote. It's pretty crazy that women have only had that right for 88 years.

Standing in line today in the basement of the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections in downtown Cleveland, I was only mildly irritated at having to wait for an hour and half to receive my ballot. Mostly I was just really excited to vote and the mood there was surprisingly cheery. Filling out my paper ballot I made sure to go over it multiple times just to make sure there was no way for it to disqualified, and then I sealed it and put it in the ballot box. Pretty simple.

4 More Days! I know there are a lot of people who are feeling really scared and cautious, understandably so, but I say, what's wrong with hope? Just go for it. Get excited. Put all your positive energy towards Obama out there. Believe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have having the same reflection recently. We are truely lucky to live in a country where you can be part of the process.

I am driving voters to the polls who need rides. Doing my part on election day.

Obama will win and it is going to be glorious!