Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Obama


I'm kind of beyond words right now. I spent 12 hours volunteering for the Obama campaign today in Columbus and watched the returns on CNN with my Dad, and when Ohio was declared for Obama my phone was flooded with text messages. I have never felt so personally invested in an election and when Obama made his speech I must have cried like 10 different times, tears of admiration and hope and relief and awe and just pure happiness. My parents both said they've never seen an election like this, and it truly feels like we are on the cusp of a new era. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see who he chooses for his cabinet and how he deals with foreign leaders. A president I can look up to and be proud of...I can't wait to wake up tomorrow.

No comments: