Monday, November 10, 2008

Back in BK

I bid my adieu to Cleveland yesterday after having our closing performance of "Goldstar, Ohio" and now I am back in my cozy apartment with my boyfriend in Brooklyn. It was truly an honor to work on this important play and I only hope that many more people across the country will have the opportunity to see it in upcoming years. I hold a special place in my heart for Cleveland, not so much for the city I would say, as for the number of awesome people that I met there.

So now it's back to the grind. My boyfriend very accurately predicted that I'd be really happy to be home on Sunday and then by Monday I'd be freaking out about jobs. He knows me too well. I am trying to invoke a new mantra of being Patient, Positive, and Pro-Active. It's going ok so far. I have a meeting today with a good lead for some tutoring work and I'm going to put up a bunch of tutoring fliers in my neighborhood and walk around and see what kinds of other part-time job opportunities I can scrounge up. As for upcoming acting opportunities, we shall see.

So yes it's scary to not really know where my income is going to be coming from but I feel privileged to be able to pursue what I love, and for the moment, that is enough. Tonight I'm going for a walk with a friend in my fav. place, Prospect Park. Yay!

No comments: